Above-Ground Decoration Policies/?php endif; ?>
Above-Ground Decoration Policies
Ceramic portraits are popular adornments for both crypts and niches in our mausoleums and columbaria. The picture image is permanently fired onto a porcelain base, which family members must purchase at our office. Consider these policies when planning the placement of a portrait on the crypt or niche of a loved one:
• One photo is permitted per crypt or niche.
• The picture must be of the person(s) who is named on the crypt or niche.
• The picture must be in a traditional portrait style; showing the person from the waist up.
• The overall picture and background must be appropriate to the sacred nature of the cemetery.
• Picture must be approved by Holy Sepulchre Cemeteries.
• Colorization of a black and white photo is not allowed.
Please respect the following policies in honoring your loved ones who are entombed at either Holy Sepulchre or Ascension Garden:
• Ceramic photos, emblems and vases obtained through the office may be placed on the crypt front.
• Artificial or dried flowers are also a beautiful way to decorate the crypt of a loved one.
• Holy Sepulchre Cemeteries provide one vase per crypt in the Resurrection Garden and All Saints Mausoleum, and guests are encouraged to leave just one artificial or dried flower arrangement per vase. Please keep floral arrangements to a reasonable size (no more than 16 inches in height) so as not to infringe upon the space of neighboring crypts. Due to limited space, one vase is allowed per crypt regardless of the number of entombments.
• Wreaths are also popular for exterior crypts, and may be placed on stands or easels in a designated area from November 15th to March 15th.
• No other objects, including fresh flowers, are permitted. Any such objects will be removed and disposed of by cemetery staff.
Ceramic photos and emblems obtained through Holy Sepulchre Cemeteries may be placed on the niche fronts of the outdoor columbaria. Due to weather conditions and security concerns, flower vases are not offered. The columbaria area is beautifully landscaped with durable shrubs, colorful flowers and paved walkways that provide natural ambience for the entire area.